Skip to content
Migraines are not typical headaches. Migraine patients experience pounding pain, nausea, and sensitivity to light and sound.
- A small amount of caffeine may ease migraine pain in some people but, too much caffeine may cause a migraine.
- Inhaling lavender essential oil may ease migraine pain.
- Acupressure is a credible alternative therapy for people in pain from chronic migraine headache.
- The menthol in peppermint oil may stop a migraine from coming on.
- Ginger is known to ease nausea caused by many conditions, including migraines.
- Yoga may relieve the frequency, duration, and intensity of migraines.
- Biofeedback may be helpful for migraines triggered by physical reactions to stress such as muscle tensing.
- Magnesium oxide supplementation helps prevent migraines with aura.
- A weekly massage may reduce migraine frequency and improve sleep quality.